The mission of the Library and Information Program is to ensure that students are effective users of ideas and information.
Alcott Library Staff
Teacher-Librarian: Mrs. Sarah Vecchi, email@example.com
Instructional Assistant: Mrs. Mallit
The Teacher-Librarian encourages and supports lifelong learning and literacy by:
- Maintaining an up-to-date, diverse collection of materials in a variety of formats
- Teaching research and information skills, which result in self-reliant and critical users of information
- Promoting a love of reading
- Supporting curriculum with instruction and resources
- Alcott Library Catalog
Search for books and useful websites on the Alcott catalog.
LWSD databases. Students in 3rd through 5th grade have the user names and passwords on the inside back cover of their agendas/planners.
- Find Good Books
Check out these award winning books!
- King County Library - Kids
The King County Library is a tremendous resource for books, databases, homework help, book reviews, and more.
- LWSD Student Webpage
Research and homework help for grades K to 5.
- Works Cited
In LWSD elementary students should follow this introduction to the Modern Language Association (MLA) format for crediting sources in their papers.